Powered by Blogger.

Someone who inspires me!

  I am only at the very beginning of my adoption journey and I have already had several things get to me and try to bring me down. When Eli and I went to get our physicals for the adoption the doctor said "why are you adopting aren't those your two kids right there"? You already have a boy and a girl why would you want more? He looked at us like we were crazy. We have had lots of crazy looks, lots of people that just wonder what we are thinking. I have had all kinds of horror stories told to me about how horrible these foster/adopt kids will be.  Don't get me wrong I think that it is going to be one of the hardest things I have ever done.  There are circumstances were a child might live with us that we think will be adoptable and then a relative may come forth and we have to give the child back.  Legally a child has to live with us for 6 months before the court will finalize the adoption. That part will be hard on my heart I know. I feel it is worth getting my heart broken. It scares me more all the stories I hear of children who never got adopted and on graduation day they have no one there for them. It is not fair to turn our back on all these orphans just because some of them messed up. We need to remember all the stories of bravery that some of these kids have shown and all the obstacles that they have had to overcome.  So yes I know it will be challenging but I also think it will be extremely rewarding and I know I am going to learn so much from these kids and myself as I go through the journey. God knows who belongs in our home who is right for us. I just have to trust him so I am going to jump because I know he will catch me.

  I have done a lot of research about this adoption process and I stumbled upon this video. At first I thought these children were just actors...unfortunately they are not. This is a real video that these kids made to encourage people to adopt. One of the girls in the video actually speaks at church's to encourage people and to talk about how adoption made such a difference in her life and about how God healed these kids.  The bravery and strength that these beautiful kids have shown amazes me. They are all brothers and sisters now. They were adopted by a single mother. She adopted 7. She is a beautiful self sacrificing person that has been very encouraging to me in my adoption process. Her name in Heather and we need more people like her. She is in Haiti right now helping in the orphanages.  She is so busy yet she takes the time to encourage me and wants to know every step of my adoption process. Watch this video..it will break your heart but it will encourage you at the same time. Just click on the link.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjRo3IJaIQg&feature=email

Unknown  – (October 29, 2010 at 8:50 AM)  

So touched by this blog and link Rachel...

Jennifer Beauchamp  – (December 6, 2010 at 11:44 AM)  

Wow that video just broke my heart. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP