Powered by Blogger.

I am back




This little girl scared us.

Last Monday Eli was out of town for work.

Ayla woke up with a fever she seemed tired, was really

thirsty and wasn't interested in eating.  As a mom of five I

have been there before many times with sick kids. 

I gave her some Tylenol and let her sleep it off. 

She threw up a couple times.

We had a really long day outside the day before so I just

thought she was tired from the day before and needed to get

some extra rest.  She slept most of the day and drank a lot. 

I decided to have her sleep in my bed that night because she

had been throwing up and I wanted to keep an extra eye on

her.  She said she wanted to watch cartoons in my bed while I

got the other kids ready for bed.  So I was standing in front of

my bed flipping through different cartoons. 

While still looking at the TV I said,

"Ayla how about Max and Ruby?" 

No answer

So I turned around and there she was blue.

I ran up to her and yelled "Ayla, AYLA!"

No response.

Her eyes were rolled back and she was foaming at the mouth.

I screamed for Jackson to bring me my phone.

I quickly realized that would take to long and I needed to get

Ayla to the ER now. 

I had 4 other little ones and Eli was gone.

I ran little blue Ayla out the front door and yelled for help

while our hero Jackson started banging on our neighbors

door.  Ayla's coloring came back but she was lethargic.

Praise God our neighbors had just gotten home and

ran right over to stay with the other kids. 

I called 911 and off we went in the ambulance.

Once we were in the ambulance we were pretty sure that

Ayla had a seizure.  I was so scared though because she

barely reacted when they put and IV in her little arm.  I kept

thinking of her blue body and thinking could she have brain

damage.  The Ambulance driver's probably thought I was

crazy as I was praying out loud for Ayla.  The ER doctor

confirmed that she had a seizure and as scary as it was for me

to see her blue and unresponsive it was more common then I

knew for kids to have fever induced seizures.  It is a

hereditary condition that triggers some kids to get seizures

with a high fever.  I had never seen a seizure before or heard

of anyone in my family having one.  Now we have learned

that my sister in law has the same condition. 

She had a seizure as a child and never had one again.  We are

hoping that this was Ayla's first and last seizure.  They

monitored her for a few hours that night and

she slowly returned to her normal silly self. 

She was thrilled that they let her have two purple popsicles. 

I barely slept for a couple nights just watching her to make

sure she didn't get to hot.  So I was wiped out and then last

Thursday we went on a trip. It has taken me a few days to

get reorganized and caught up and make time to post this.

Seeing my daughter like that really knocked the wind out of

me.  In the few moments that she was blue and unresponsive

I was so so scared of loosing her. I suppose this really wasn't

as big of a deal as it felt in the moment but it made me realize

the blessings I have in my life. 

 I have 5 healthy children. 

My husband and I are healthy

My sister's, parents and in laws are all healthy.

I don't want to take that for granted.

Praise God for our health.

There are so many mommies, brothers, sisters, fathers, sons

and daughters watching there loved ones suffer and praying

for their health.  What they would trade for health.

Thank you Jesus for giving my family health!


"Are These Kids All Yours?"  – (April 20, 2011 at 7:52 PM)  

WOW very scary!!!! I would have lost it big time!!!!!!!

So glad she is ok :) PRAISE GOD!!!!

love the pics :)

Joe and Alice Waarvik  – (April 21, 2011 at 8:20 AM)  

I wanted to comment and let you know the same thing happened to us! A few months back our Arwen had a tiny fever for about 2 days... the 2nd night she started with the same thing only no foaming mouth. She is just a baby. I was terrified! I still am every time she gets a fever. Thankfully she hasn't had many fevers since then. I did notice after we were sent home... when she didn't have tylenol or motrin in her (while she had the fever) she would slowly start to shake. The pedi says it was probably not as bad as it seemed. The hospital made it out to be horrid and then when she was stable and smiling again said I was over reacting... everything was fine. Come to find out she had the very beginnings of pneumonia. We are still confused as to what went down, how can you have pneumonia without a cough, will it happen again, and so on. I feel your pain and fear AND happiness that it isn't worse. We still have a healthy family. Praise God :)

mosey  – (May 3, 2011 at 2:46 PM)  

my first visit here and I am SO so sorry you had to face a seizure.. I have two kids who have them regularly and I KNOW how terrifying it is... She is precious and I am thankful to read that all is well.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP