Powered by Blogger.

Spoiled

Ever feel like you are barely hanging on?


I had one of those days earlier this week.

I actually sat down all ready to write about my

"horrible" day and how frustrated I was.

 I found out we were further behind on our adoptions

finalizing then I thought.  It really overwhelmed me and

made me sad.  We can't move out of state until our adoption

is finalized.  I mean technically we could but it would cost a

whole lot more in legal fees and time to get a new home study

and ICPC etc...  We have just been playing the waiting game

in our lives in so many areas regarding selling our house,

building a house, which land to build it on, finalizing our

adoptions, hearing about whether

or not the kids qualify for adoption subsidies the list goes on.

On this particular bad day I felt

so overwhelmed with all these unsolved questions and with

house work and laundry and all the

errands I was behind on.  I was also as always just feeling a

little too plump.  I have been trying to loose a few pounds

before we go to Florida at the end of the month so I don't

traumatize the locals when they see me in a swimsuit.

Ok so back to the point

I sat down to write this whiny post and as I was editing the

pictures to put in the post my mood changed. 








While I began

to type sweet Zoe snuggled in my lap and laid her head on

my shoulder.  The mood was gone.  I felt as if God was

shouting at me from the heavens saying "Rachel get over it!" 

I mean I know God cares for me and wants to bless all of us

and truly cares for our burdens. 

On this day I was just acting like a spoiled child. 

I had forgotten in those moments of frustration that

his timing is perfect. 

I would hate to rush anything and ruin his perfect

plan.  I am beyond blessed.  While I wait for the adoption to

finalize I am still their Mommy.  I still get to hold and love

them unlike so many parents around the world desperately

waiting for their children to be in their arms.  I get to live in

a beautiful house while I wait for someone to buy it and

then I will get to move to another beautiful house.  And

unlike some dear friends who are suffering through cancer

and health uncertainties my family is healthy. 

Seriously, I could do nothing in that moment but repent to

God tell him I trust him and his perfect plan and thank him

for this beautiful life he has given me.

Don't we all get a little spoiled at times.  Caught up in the

very small details of the day and forget the big picture and

purpose of our lives.

Late this week I was catching up on some other blogs and I

found this

Read it and you will immediatley realize how blessed you are.

And speaking of blessing lets continue to give to Anika and

bless her adoptive family with the funds to bring her home. 

You can read about her here.  Seriously even a $5 or $10

donation will make and difference and you won't even miss

it.


Intentional Living Homestead  – (May 5, 2011 at 7:40 PM)  

Great post. I too have felt this way mnay a time...today to be exact. We just received an extra adoption bill in the mail that was totally out of the blue...never expected bill. So not prepared...dh flipped and then took a shower. While just about ready to speak to God about this bill...God spoke to him first..."what, have I not always taken care of you....have I not always met everyone of your needs...trust me oh ye of little faith."

And that was it...smacked dh right upside the head (sorta speak LOL). God always provides where He guides...and he guided us to this adoption disruption. So we know that he will provide everything we need...even before we ask.

He will do exactly that for you as well....LOVE the photos of your beautiful children.

Blessings.

Laura L.  – (May 6, 2011 at 9:40 AM)  

I like this post! Thanks for the reminder that it's all in God's timing, when it comes to adoption. We are so blessed, just to have this opportunity.
Your children are adorable. Happy Mother's Day!

Liz  – (May 21, 2011 at 11:09 PM)  

rach i love how God is clearly working in your heart! so evident!! praying your faith will continue to increase.
last pc of max, two thumbs up!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP